Saturday, April 10, 2010

Finishing Up

My time here in Ames is running out. In a few weeks I'll be moving on to Iowa City. I've been trying to start sorting my belongings, deciding what goes to Iowa City, what goes back to my parent's house, and what just needs to go. I've also been trying to tie up some loose ends project-wise. The dress I made for a coworker's new daughter is finished, and waiting for C. to return to work so I can give it to her.


I think the flower buttons are the perfect complement to the color and attitude of the dress. I also recently finished my second-ever weaving project, the pink scarf on the left. I'm proud to say the the mistakes get less and less frequent as you move down the length of the scarf, and that I had a blast making it. Weaving moves so much more quickly than knitting, and a quick (if not instant) gratification project made in spring colors has perked up my April. I am also please to inform you that the gloves on the right are finally complete, and Kimberly has finally received her Christmas present.

Currently in progress I have a narrow baby-blanket, sized for carseat or stroller use on the loom. A sock to complete my first hand-made pair, and a wool biking sweater for my brother. The Baby blanket seems the most urgent, so it's on the agenda for today. At a rate of 2 in/5 min I have much more confidence in my ability to finish weaving projects in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment